<E34> Alarm for '90/'91

I'm hoping someone might be able to help...

I've got an (Aust spec'ed) 525i Executive. It came with a factory alarm
which is activated by a combined infrared alarm transmitter/flip out key.

Unfortunately the alarm did not come with window smash detectors, only the
basic doors/bonnet/imobiliser. After 2 smash and rifle through the car
incidents, I am now looking for a new alarm.

I have been told by 3 reputable sources that it is NOT possible to disable
the BMW alarm to fit 3rd party, as the BMW alarm cannot be disabled as it
passively alarms itself, and it is not possible to remove it as it is part
of the ECU unit.

I've been told BMW no longer provides any solution to my problem...

I'd appreciate any responses.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus