Re: bmw-digest V9 #1131

The O2 sensor is located below the cat on my 1983 533i on the lower
portion of the exhaust.  It can be seen by jacking the car up and
climbing under to look.  I had mine done recently and it is a very easy
thing to replace.  However, if it has never been replaced before you may
want to be careful in case you take out the threads on the exhaust.  It
might be wise to let a mechanic do it.  My sensor was about $60 if I
remember correctly and he charged me one hour labour which was a bit
much if you ask me.  It's a screw in part, I was just worried about
wrecking the exhaust.  As for resetting the computer - I don't know.

Hope this helps, if I can do anything else feel free to contact me.

All the best - Damian Horner.

1983 533i