Re: Water leak

Its condensation and its perfectly normal.  Basically what is happening
is hot, humid air is coming in contact with cold parts of the AC system
(compressor, ducting, etc) and the air temp drops.  The drop in temp
causes the amount of water vapor the air can hold to drop and the
relative humidity jumps (humidity is the amount of water vapor in the
air, relative humidity is amount of water vapor in the air compres to the
max amount possible the air can hold at a paricular temp). Basically the
dew point has been reached thus you see water dripping from the car.

Regards,
Aaron

'87 535is

bmw-digest (owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided) said the following on 6/20/99
8:38 AM

>Hello,
>
>After about 20 minutes of driving with my AC on. I noticed water
>leaking from somewhere in the center of the car. I have a 99 5281
>Waggon. I called my dealer up and he said this is normal if AC is
>on. Is this correct ? (I just got the car two weeks ago)

- --
Aaron Linville
cadre@domain.elided

- - The six steps in a project: 1) Unbounded enthusiasm 2) Total
disillusionment 3) Panic 4) Frantic search for the guilty 5) Punishment
of the innocent 6) Promotion of the uninvolved