Re: Any Good BMW Mechanics on Long Island (NY)

Steve,

If you can make it to Freeport (one mile west of the
Meadowbrook on Sunrise Hwy), I would heartily
recommend Bill Rudtner's European Auto tel:
516-378-8769. He is an ace, as are the rest of his
staff. He races a E30 M3 and a 911 (really cool :) and
works almost exclusively on BMWs and Porsches. And you
will save ~$20 over the stealer labor rate (in fact,
Hassel BMW is about three doors west of him <g>) Tell
Bill that I sent you, and if you are a member of the
club (he is). I think it is worth the trip, as I
travel 17 miles to his place.

Alexander MacLeod
'87 325/4
NY Chapter BMWCCA #169822

You wrote:

Does anyone know a good mechanic on Long Island?  I'm
getting
tired of the dealer(s) bungling my repairs and in
general making
my car worse than it was before I brought it in for
repairs.

I had a flyer from some place (Haus something?) in the
Huntington
area, but I must have tossed it.  I live in
Huntington, so please limit
recommendations to the immediate area

Thanks,

Steve Ramm