<E21> Starting a 320i thats been idle awhile

Dear Collective wisdom
        My daughter's very nice 80 320is has been the victim of a very bad
accident. I will be buying the neighbor's 80 320 that's sat idle for about 18
months. I will use two to make one using the best of both(obviously the body
from the new one).
        It seems obvious to get fresh gasoline, charge or replace the battery
and try it. It only need to move a small way but I'd like to evaluate how
much of the old 320 drivetrain to use. What I'm asking for are tips beyound
what I've stated. Tricks etc to starting a fuel injected 320. I have a good
fuel pump, relay etc to swap in if necessary. I have a big project for the
summer,but what's a father to do for the love of his daughter. I'm impressed
at how well it handled a 35-40mph tbone right in the driver door/ b pillar
area.

Greg Mierz
GregM2002@domain.elided
Roster Manager