Exploding bolts??

Hi there,

Ive just finished checking out my cylinder head bolts to see if they are the
factory fragmenting type. I have an '82 520i with 119,000 miles on it. I
live in Autsralia, but this car was originally sold in England.

What I assume are the head bolts (2 are visible just inside the oil filler
hole, and a tiny part of another 2 are visible further 'up' the engine) dont
match either description I have read.
These were the only bolts that I could see through the oil hole.

The good ones I have heard about look like a strange shape, from the one
picture I have found on the internet. (at
http://www.bmwe30.net/tech/bolts.html ). This picture looks different from
what I see in my engine.

On the top of the heads of the two I could see in my engine, were the
letters:
120 - ES
or something similar. The E may have been an F.

They were shaped like your typical bolt head...a hexagonal head.     (
somewhere around 6 or 8 sides I assume..forgot to count) Similar to any
other bolt you might use a half inch socket to undo.

I REALLY need to know, because I drive quite hard and have just got this
car.

Also, anyone in Melb, Australia know of any good but cheapish places to get
a BMW serviced? Im looking at having the timing belt and a normal service
done. Is anything else (not too expensive!) worth doing considering I just
bought it? What about the water pump I keep hearing about on BMW sites?

Thanks.

Mick

mjkloiu@domain.elided

1982 520i
2 Honda's that I unintentionally crash-tested...and guess who became the
crash-test dummy?