Re: Conforti chip M5

At 03:19 AM 6/12/99 -0400, Marty wrote:
>Seeking advice on chipping my '88 M5, Comforti was suggested at $300 plus 1
>hr install.  How effective is this to performance/power and cost?  How does
>it stack up against Dinan?  If anyone having experience with this chip, or
>others could respond, or Email me directly at Martyme104@domain.elided would be
>greatly appreicated.   Marty

I have it.  I like it.  It cost's $225 from Turner Motorsports.  It took me
about 5 minutes to put in.  Don't pay anyone 1 hours labor and don't pay
$300.  You are getting ripped off.

Now for the chip.  It's smoother down low and feels a little torquier,
although I've seen dyno's on it that contridict their claims of 48 extra HP
@ 6k and thirty-something extra lb-fts at something like 5.3k.  Still worth
the money because it makes your car run better and around town drivability
is a lot smoother.  I don't know anything abou the Dinan chip.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii