<E36> Z3 Jack points / jackstand adapters

  Since I will be purchasing one, I've been researching making up some
jackstand adapters to accommodate the Z3.  The E36 (non-Z3) hockey puck like
ones fall off.  The Z3 jack point pad that I purchased has a positioning
point similar to the E36 (non-Z3) and two click in grab points.  Based on
what I saw today, they must fall off too.  I looked at a '00 Z3 2.8 today
checking out the jack, jack points and other things.  The jack points on this
car are similar to the earlier Z3 ones.  The difference is that they now
screw into nylon like inserts in the body versus using the grab points.
Looks like BMW has finally addressed this issue on the Z3.
  Tomorrow, I will be trying out the prototype (plywood) Z3 jackstand
adapters on a 2.8-Z3 checking out some shortened from above M-Z3 shift levers.

 Ron@domain.elided  FLY BMW  Marlborough, CT
   http://www.unofficialbmw.com/ronstygar.html