"Check Control"- Alert

Hello all!

Just bought a 1995 Canadian 540i A M60, which intermittently displays
the above alert message.  An independent Tech. has found no trouble
however it still appears from time to time, especially when I "give her
dixie" as the Irish say.

Prior to purchasing the vehicle I did my homework to ensure that the
short block problem was addressed by the BMW dealer - could anyone share
insight on this problem or provide direction?

Also, anybody know where I can find info. on my transmission and how
best to utilize it ?

- --
Thank you

Raj Sharma