<E30> Got my 325 iX

In BMW Digest v09.n1117 Benjamin R. MacRAE <mac5ffmi@domain.elided> wrote:

> Well, I finally have a BMW....... 1989 BMW 325 iX AWD

Nice move!

> 4.  P.O. just put a new muffler on the back, but it is only a
> single-tailpipe model.  Looks kind of goofy in the double-width opening,
> plus I wonder if it has more backpressure, thus lowering HP on the car as
> it originally had a two pipe muffler???.  Should I be getting rid of this
> muffler because of this?
>
> 5.  Regarding #4, I want a performance exhaust on the car anyway.  Deeper
> note, **not** loud, blatty, or obtrusive.  Long-lasting, not super
> expensive.  What should I buy?

In my opinion the OEM muffler has the best combination of performance,
sound, longevity, fit, and price.  "Performance" exhausts often don't
live up to their power claims and have annoying resonances.

Easy: Jim Conforti; see www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com

> 9.  Speaking of the trunk.......it has an aftermarket battery.  Remember
> reading something about using non-BMW batteries...is this a problem, and
> how can I check to see if I am OK or not?

Provided it's fastened down and properly vented to the outside, it's
not a problem.

Curt Ingraham
'72 2002tii
Oakland, Califonia