Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:33:21 -0500
From: Rob Boucher <boucher@domain.elided>
Subject: E36: Vibrations during braking.

Here is my new question. I have an 93 325is and I am trying to
figure out a problem that I am having with my brakes. When I am
on the highway going about 70 mph and apply the brakes lightly
the steering wheel starts to wobble. It oscillates back and forth
until I get down to about 50 mph or apply the brakes firmly.
There doesn't seem to be any problems at lower speeds, just when
I am traveling above 50mph. There could be problems at lower speeds;
however, it just isn't as noticable.

I changed the rear pads last weekend and the front pads seem fine
so it doesn't seem to be a pad wear issue. The alignment is fine
I just aligned the car about a month ago. What could be the problem?
Any suggestions? Every suggestion is a good suggestion in my mind.

Thanks for your time.

Rob Boucher
CCA Windy City Chapter