E30 as Daily Driver

I highly recommend an E30 as a daily driver.  I bought my '90 325i two
years ago.  It had 111k on it, now has 134k.  The engine has enough
power to be fun during a commute and the car is wonderfully balanced.
There are probably plenty of cars that have better numbers performance
wise and are quieter, smoother, etc. but few if any cars that have a
real back seat and four doors are more fun to drive.

My car has the leatherette interior.  Doesn't look as luxurious as the
leather.  On the other hand, the leatherette holds up better and
therefore looks better on older cars than the leather.  Since buying
the car, I have had the timing belt, fuel pump, front lower control
arms, shocks and tires replaced.

Can't speak as to rust, as my car is a CA car and was pretty much
immaculate when I bought it.

Hope this helps.

Sanjay Prasad
'90 325i