E39 seats and sunshade

Dear BMW experts,

I have just acquired a 1997 E39 528i. An almost perfect machine it seems
after a week of driving. Touch wood.

Two minor things I'd like to change. Perhaps some list members know if
either is possible.

1. The car doesn't have the rear sunshade as a factory-installed option.
Can this BMW part be added now? Are there alternatives to the BMW part? (I
am moving to sunny climes -- California.)

2. We drove 1,000+ miles last weekend in this car -- nothing like a good
test drive. We notice that the seats are comfortable in most dimensions
except one. The front of the seat bottom doesn't adjust upwards enough to
support the upper legs of tall folks like us. At the top of its range, with
the back of the seat bottom down as far as it will go, we still find the
seat bottom just too flat, far below our knees. Is there any way to get
this adjusted for more comfort -- either by raising up the range of
movement or somehow tilting the whole seat (without compromising safety)?
These are 14-way seats, with lumbar support, but no articulated seat back.

Thanks for your help.

Yours,
Alan Taylor