consideration over 318IS

I am considering (still) the purchase of a 1994 318is.  The owners are
asking 14,900.  The car is in immaculate condition both inside and out and
has 75,000 miles on it.  I would like to get some thoughts about this car
regarding safety, winter driving, and longevity.

First, how can I tell if this car has a limited slip differential?  How do I
know if it has traction control?  I am concerned with it's handling in
winter weather, how do all of yours handle?  Which item would make a better
difference on snow covered roads, a LSD or traction control?

Despite the fact that the 1994 318is is only a 1.8 liter 4 cylinder engine,
how will it hold up?  Will it be fine well into the 100,000's?  Reliability
and snow traction are the most important concerns I have before purchasing
this car.  Please offer any suggestions, thanks!

BT
91 SE