1985 325e oil light

Group:

I have a 1985 BMW 325e with an oil light that comes on at the overhead
console.  It comes on approximately 5 minutes after driving the car.  This
is not the oil warning light on the dash, but rather the oil light that goes
through the check system.  The car has 32,000 miles and has always had the
oil serviced before the required intervals.  I have changed out the battery
board (old NiCads were corroded) and replaced the oil pressure switch
($10.00, easy attempt) with no help.  The oil level is full, and I have no
reason to believe that the pressure is low (i.e., clogged pick-up screen).
That leaves me to the oil level switch in the pan, or, the wiring.  One BMW
service rep said that the wiring can get brittle from the heat, but after
examining the wiring to my pressure switch, I found it to be in perfect
condition with even the rubber boot being clean and supple.  Have any of you
had any experience with this, or can you offer any insight?

Thank you,

Ed Fisher
edwd@domain.elided