318i mods

Hey guys,

This is my first posting to the digest, so if it's not in the correct
format, let me know =)

Anyway, I joined the list because my mom asked me to give her 1997 318i
automatic sedan some more power.  I've been modifying my Eclipse Turbo, and
when I took her for a ride, she knew she wanted something more powerful =)

Anyway, I was thinking of first starting with engine restrictions.  Number
one being the air filter box, headers, and exhaust (also a high flow
catalytic converter).  I've looked around on the internet for a good dealer,
but I have yet to find someone who sells these performance parts.  I was
thinking of something like a K&N air filter, yet I don't think the open ones
are legal in California.  Does anyone know where I can buy good parts for a
97 318i?

By the way, I noticed there is a connecter connected to the air filter box.
Anyone know what it does, and where I would connect it once I get the open
element air filter?

Thanks guys... I look forward to getting this 318i up to speed =)

Alex
ampx@domain.elided
http://members.xoom.com/turbodsm
1999 Eclipse GST