Re: Damn OBC!!!

Dear Daniel,
I have owned an 87 535IS (now with 180,000 miles) for the last 4 years and
have enjoyed the car immensely and for the last 4 years the self same OBC
has done its best to kill my joy.  As a matter of fact all the dashboard
electrics have been part of the diabolical plot. I have therefore
1. Ignored the OBC and its acting up (works perfectly for one week then
loses all information; there seems to be one wire that provides power from
the instruments to the OBC which has a short and which merely jiggling the
dash pod upsets); I look at my watch to tell the time and at my speeedo for
speed and my fuel guage for miles left , etc.
2. Run a mechanical temperature guage when I could no longer depend on the
one on the dash
3. Run a mechanical oil pressure guage since I have never been able to get
the oil light on.
It seems that the humidity here in New Orleans has something to do with it.
Thank God the speedo and tacho have so far been unscathed.
Any body out there with similar problems and fixes?
Randy