(E30)Sway bar problem continues

Thanks to all that responded to my questions regarding the absence of a
front sway bar on my 87 325is.  I ordered an Eibach sway bar kit today
for front and back thinking this will go well with the new Bilstein
Sport Shocks and Eibach Pro-Kit springs I recently installed.

But, there is a bigger problem.  Upon closer inspection of the front
undercarriage I see that the mounting points for the front sway bar to
the suspension sub-frame are broken!  To be more specific, there is a
small slot, which is intact.  To complete this mounting point there is
supposed to be a tab with a hole in it which extends out as part of the
sub-frame where a bolt is to go through.  Well, the end of this tab is
broken on both sides, leaving only a half hole.  Therefore, mounting a
sway bar on the subframe as it is right no will be unacceptable, as the
will be a lot of play at these mounting points..  I am not sure how this
happened.  I bought the car in this condition and the subframe is not
rusty at all.

Please offer suggestions.  Should I have these tabs welded to complete
the bolt hole, or would that likely break after the first bump?  Should
I buy a used suspension sub-frame, and how involved would it be to
replace the sub-frame?

Thanks,

Mark Colasante