Re: vibration at speeds.

In a message dated 5/11/99 6:55:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: "Ciechon, Chris" <CCiechon@domain.elided>
 Subject: 91 535i Vibration Problem

 Hello fellow BMW lovers!

 This is my first posting to the list. I participate in a similar list for my
 928, and hope this experience will be as fruitful!

 I have a '91 535i auto with a slight vibration problem at 65 mph. I had the
 tires balanced, and that did not improve the situation. Anyone ever have a
 problem with driveshaft balancing resulting in a vibration like this one?

 your help is most appreciated,

 Chris Ciechon
 '91 535i
 '83 928s >>

~~~` Possible causes:

1. Tire balance (yes I know you just did it, but it's HOW it's done. You
should watch them. It's got to be "dead nuts" on. Weights on inside & outside
of wheel.d
2. Wheel runout and lug nut equal torquing
3. Driveline flex joints and center support
4. Tires. Can be having a belt seperating internally, or a tire could have
sustained a road impact that damaged the belt cord underneath. Switch front
with rear tires.
5. Have you skidded??? A flat spot on a tire will play hell at high speeds.

Randy
cookies@domain.elided