Decisions Decisions (E30 M3?)

     Hi all,

     Just subscribed to the list. I'm sure there'll be plenty of opinions,
     but I gotta ask. I'm thinking about another car, possibly an E30 M3,
     or maybe a newer E36 323/325is. Besides autocross and the occasional
     track event, the car is to be a semi-regular commuter.

     Should I listen to my racer instincts and go for the M3, or will a 325
     with some upgrades satisfy my urges? How will a go-kart like M3 be to
     live with daily? Do the E30 M3's tend to roll over as easily as some
     318's I've heard in autocrossing?

     I've scanned the FAQ for potential problems - ie sway bar mounts and
     subframes ... any others I should know about?

     Excuse the bandwidth but I'd like to know before joining the ranks of
     the bimmerphiles.

     Thanks

     -Jeff (digest mode)
     88 Audi quattro