Re: E30 Tires

215/40/17 will fit fine.  It's what I run.
Check the E30 Message Board @ bimmer.org
http://www.bimmer.org/e30/messages
there are a couple of threads on this subject.  Might have to scroll down a
little bit though.

Good luck and let us know what you accomplish.
Jeff Patch
'86 Alpine White 325es
http://jamspot.simplenet.com