spring probs, e12 635?

I lost the digest with a posting from someone with a sagging front end on
a euro e12 635csi with M suspension:

I have an e12 528i that came to me with euro sport suspension; I also had
a droped front end. It is very unlikely that you have a bad spring, but
very likely that you have a bad shock absorber.

The front shocks for these models incorporate a rebound spring. That
spring will eventually break. The pieces jam in sideways and keep the
shock from extending fully. This happened to both fronts on my car,
resulting in one side being 1-1/2 inch low, the other side 1".

I would suggest that you get a pair of Boge turbo gas (or whatever they
call them now). They work very well with that setup.

- -Ted Crum

- --
Ted Crum
tedcrum@domain.elided