BMW 316i '92 hesitating on acceleration please advice

Hi all.

I have a 316i '92 and have experienced what seem to be quite
common problem: rough idle and loosing power when accelerating.
The powerloss/hesitation can possibly be described as if I was
tapping on the gas pedal to some good rock tune..  The car
sometimes really rocks.. and that is not in a good way! ;-)

A few weeks ago I started using fuel injection cleaner and matters
got better for a few weeks but it feels like it doesn't help any
more now.  I use 95octane gasoline.

Sometimes there is no sign of the powerloss and from what I've
noticed it seems that if it is raining or has rained and there is
humidity in the air (the car is always kept in a garage overnight)
then there is less change that the powerloss will come up.  But on
dry days the car can get really annoying.  I can't see any difference
whether it's hot or cold, only dry/wet.

To sum things up:  Wet weather, often great acceleration.
                   Dry weather: most likely much hesitation.

I'm wondering what I should get checked first.  From what I've
seen on the digest and various web pages things to check could be
these:

  Spark plugs
  Fuel regulator
  O2 sensor
  Crankshaft sensor
  Camshaft sensor

Any other tips, advices or solutions to my problems?

It would be best if you could answer directly to me and I'll then
post a summary to the list.

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Ingimar

- --