Re: E46 Business Stereo needs more Bass

>I like the stock stereo in my ''99 3 series to a point.... Not enough low
>bass for me... Would anyone recommend an easy bolt on/off solution for my
>leased car (don't want any permanent changes) ?

How about a powered subwoofer?  This incorporates a built-in amplifier that
drives the sub for that extra bass boost you're looking for.  Often the
powered units can use just the speaker inputs if you don't have line-out
cables from your stereo (which, with the stock stereo, you probably don't).
Just strap the sub into your trunk, tap power and speaker inputs, and you're
golden.  Some subs can even drive a pair of speakers in addition to the sub,
which would be an option - you could put that back together easily.  Where
to find such a sub?  I recommend http://www.crutchfield.com - they have a
good selection of good equipment, and the stereos and some speakers in both
my cars have come from them.  Don't do what I did and pick an inexpensive
one up from a department store.  It literally fell apart (physically and
electronically) within a year.  I haven't replaced it because I'm saving up
to do it right - probably in my next car.

    - Justin
      '83 BMW 320i (the tinker car)
      '95 Mercury Tracer (the econobubble)