Re:535I Doesn't cut out !

The mysterious problem with my E28 has been solved. (so far)
Long story short, after checking the throttle position switch, I focused
on the airflow meter. I cleaned the printed track, in the airflow meter,
that
the little brass contacts slide back and forth on, with an alcohol prep
pad.
I was inspecting it, and saw a little dust on it.
Maybe it's a temporary fix, but time will tell. So far, so good.
Thanx to everybody who took the time to send suggestions.
Dan M.
'86 535I
'87 K100RS