94 318i Inspection II

Hello

I am new to the "BMW World". Bought a 94 318i a few days back, the car
is in great condition. i found that the brake pad wear light and the
brake fluid light comes on once in a while and then goes off. I am
going to take the car for inspection II to a dealer.

Any suggestions as to what I should get done on this car? it has 54k
miles on it. Some references mention that the oxygen sensor should be
replaced every 50k, should I get it changed now?? Does it affect
performance? I am a kinda DIY guy and would love to work on it myself
and save some $$!

If you have a similar car would love to know more about how your
driving machine is performing! Any good web links are most welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Anup Lakare
318i '94.
lanup@domain.elided