Re: <E28> Still cuts out

 Subject: E28 Still cuts out.Pls Help

 My '86 535I still cuts out while driving. Main relay has been replaced.
 While driving along, the engine will randomly cut out compleatly. If I
 cycle the gas pedal fully a few times, ( floored, idle, floored )it will
 run again. It will do this 2 or 3 times in a row, then run fine for 100
 miles or so.
 I can't believe Im the only one to have these symptoms. The fact that it
 won't run again untill I floor it a few times, then it runs fine, has to
 be a dead givaway
 to the right person.
 Please help !
 Thanx
 Dan M.
 '86 535I   230K
 '87 K100RS 105K >>

Just a guess, but it might be your crank position (referance) sensor or your
mass air meter.

 Brian Tomsa
'86 535i
'87 325i