RE: 325 Dash Service Light

> Can anyone tell me how to reset the Service Due/Overdue light
> that's in the center of the dash, just above the steering
> column on a 1987 325?

Get a 3-4" long wire and follow the directions:
BMW FAQ http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/new_bmw.html
or:
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/electrical/e36_reset_service_lights.html

If the lights either do not reset or come back on after you reset them, the
$5 batteries (NiCad or Lithium) inside is dead. BMW will try to sell you the
whole board ($150, what a service), but you can find the batteries at any
electronics store and solder them onto the old board with minimal
excitement.

have fun,
alex