Re: 525i smells like sour milk

Hi Jonathan,

We had this problem once in our Civic. Close examination of the trunk
revealed a gallon of milk was hiding behind a box in the back (front) of
the trunk - we had forgotten to take it out! After a few summer weeks, it
was swollen and some had come out and onto the trunk floor. It had a
disgustingly warped cheese smell.

It took a while before I got that stain out completely. Carpet cleaner.

For mildew/bacteria in the AC, I've read you can spray water with Lysol in
the air intake while the airconditioning is running.

Michiel

At 05:57 PM 4/27/99 -0700, Jonathan Schwartz wrote:
>The inside of my 92 525i smells lousy...like sour milk.
>
>I've cleaned every surface, and now suspect the problem is mildew (or some
biological relative) in the ventilation system.  Perhaps the microfilter?
I've heard that this is a pain to access, but can can be the source of
nasty stuff which might be causing the problem.