Hypertech vs. Bararian vs. Dynan Chip

Anyone have any input as to a preference of aftermarket chips?

As a matter of fact, is there any good reason to insert an aftermarket chip
in an '87 535i (5spd)? Bavarian ($249) claims a 20hp gain and a 30 ft/lb
torque gain. Do these chips hurt drivability or fuel mileage if the car is
driven conservatively (ie sanely and using the same technique before/after
chip replacement)?

I drive very conservatively 99% of the time, but for the other 1% another 20
hp couldn't hurt! I just don't want to pay for it all the time with lower
fuel economy or poor drivability.

Bob