Mosport Drivers School on Toyo RA 1

The BMWCC (thats the Canadian club) will host its first Mosport driver's
school for 1999 on April 23-25.  Which means that now that I have my car all
prepped and ready its all I can think about. :)   I've succumbed to
temptation and had the cabrio cross-brace installed on my 328, along with
steel braided brake lines, new rotors and KFP Gold pads.

The piece de resistance, for me, are the new Toyo Proxes RA 1 track tires
I've had installed on my 15x6.5 steel "snow tire" rims.  These are the
205-50x15 size which I believe fit best. I had to sign a waiver to get
these! Obviously, this is my first time on R compound tires, so I'm swearing
to myself I'll 'take it easy'. (Right).

Actually its my 9th driver's school, so I figure I'm ready to try some
modifications from stock (in addition to having BL/SS'd the car). So, what
tire pressures should I run on these? Does anyone have experience with an
E36 on the RA 1 tires?

By the way, the BMWCC will be doing another driver's school at Mosport
June4-6 and yet another September 10-12.  I heartily recommend Mosport to
any track junkie as an exhilirating experience.  For details and
registration info, contact the BMWCC site at
http://www.the-wire.com/ce/bmwcc/

Christian Sorensen
sorensen@domain.elided
VP, Data Recovery Labs
BMWCC, BMWCCA
1997 328i BL/SS, cross-brace, and Proxes.