[no subject]

As far as finding some local resources, I can imagine how difficult it
must be to make contacts when there is no local club chapter or local
events.  One place to try is the local shop(s) which are frequented by
club members in your area.  Make friends with the people who run those
places, and you'll make contacts with other BMW owners, plus the
shop(s) may be open to hosting a DIY event.

Good luck,

- -rb

WOB: My next door neighbor took his SAAB 900 to Jiffy Lube for an
engine oil change.  The "mechanic" drained the oil, replaced the
filter, put the drain plug back in and then began to refill the engine
with oil.  While putting the second or third quart of oil into the
engine, oil began pouring out of the valve cover hole where he was
pouring the oil.  The problem? The mechanic had drained the automatic
transmission oil by mistake (engine was still full of the old oil)!
The mechanic would NEVER do this on a Ford F150, but a SAAB?  It's
probably the first time he'd ever seen one.

That's why I either change my own oil, or rely on a BMW mechanic to do
it for me.

End of bmw-digest V9 #1068