Z3 Foglight Kit

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a '99 Z3 2.3 without the foglight option.  To make a
long story short the dealer agreed to install foglights at no extra cost when
a kit is made available for the 2.3 model.  According to my dealer, a
foglight kit generally follows around 6 months after the release of a "new
model."  Since '99 is the first year that the 2.3 was offered, it is
considered a "new model" and thus foglight kit/wiring harness is available.
I spoke with a parts manager at another dealership this month who said that
BMW was aware of the issue but wasn't sure of a release date for the kit.

I was just wondering if anyone had any information or insight regarding the
release of the foglight kit.

- - Eric
Dark Green '99 Z3 2.3