RE: E36 saw tooth tire wear problem

It IS an alignment problem most likely.  You clopped an object and probably
whacked the left toe in some, that's why the sawtooth scrubbing.  Think of
turning the wheel slightly and then dragging the car straight.  Toe in/out
of more than -/+ .1" will increase tire wear greatly.  Just about every car
that hits a pothole or curb and doesn't have and alignment ends up with tire
wear.

Gary Lin    National Capital Ch.   '88 325is