Hey, nice rack.

Hi everyone,

I have a really funny problem with the steering in my '94 e36 318i(not
funny HA HA, funny wierd). I'm hoping someone can help.

With the car not moving, and the steering exactly centred, I
turn the wheel ever-so-gently in one direction or the other, and
there's a slight binding -- you can actually hear it through the
steering column. Passengers can hear/feel it too.

It only happens when the car is running, so through my amazing
power of deduction, only when the power steering pump is working. I
flushed the fluid, but the problem's still there. Has anyone ever
experienced or heard of such a problem? Am I going to have to replace
the complete power steering rack?

Thanks

Stephen Mostad
'94 318i with a potentially bad rack!