FYI - TERRIBLE treatment at AUTOBAHN Automotive in Natick, MA

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the cross post, but I want to make sure this
gets in front of EVERYONE, especially those in the
BOSTON area.

I usually try to resolve customer service differences
with the company and am quite successful most of the
time.  However, this case seems to be going nowhere
but downhill.  First off let me ring in with a HUGE
nay vote on bringing your car to AUTOBAHN Automotive
in Natick, MA.  The following is my account of what
has transpired up to this date:

Over the past 1.5 years, I've brought various cars in
for service and have recommended this shop for the
patience and expertise that Steve (technician) has
given me and my friends.  Overall, I bet I gave them
over $2000 to $3000 in business thru my spending and
referrals until Steve left the company.  Approximately
1.5 months ago, I was in need of diagnosis & repair of
a no-start condition of my 1991 525i.  I had my car
towed to their shop.  I was greeting with somewhat
indifference but prompt service.  At this time I found
out Steve had left the company (they wouldn't tell me
why).  I ended up paying them over $700 for diagnosis
and repair of the no start and an outer control arm.
It seemed to me at the time that the owner/manager
(not sure of his name), was hitting me at every
opportunity..but I said nothing (I was happy to have
my car running again).

Two weeks later I noticed my engine getting extremely
hot.  I popped the hood and immediately noticed a HUGE
chunck (4" in diameter) of the nice BMW decorative
covering broken off and immediately knew it was this
garage that was responsible for breaking it.  This
part is not load bearing in anyway and is easily
removed without damage (I've done it!).  Someone
misplaced it when it was off the engine and either
stepped on it or dropped something on it.  I dropped
my car off again for them to diagnose and replace the
thermostat (turned out over $200..which again..seemed
a bit high, but said nothing).  I decided not to say
anything about the cover until they were finished with
the thermostat.  When I picked my car up I asked the
owner to come over and showed him the piece.  I
explained how I knew that it was intact when I dropped
it off the first time.  He cut me off mid-sentence
with "I sense accusation, what would you like us to do
about it."  I replied "I'd like it replaced".  He then
goes into this monologue pointing to various pieces of
plastic on my engine "We don't warranty any plastic
because load bearing parts deteriorate in time but I
will find a used one or prorate a new one over time",
then turns his back and walks away!  Over the next
three weeks, I patiently called 4 or 5 times asking
what the status was and each time given a "it'll be
here in a couple days" until today.  I call an was
told again "a couple days".  I mention that I've given
him thousands of dollars in business and that I don't
think I'm being treated straight.  He starts YELLING
at me over the phone about MY attitude then proceedes
to HANG UP ON ME!

This is Massachusettes for ya!

I will now NOT give them my business and will spread
the word NOT to bring this company any business for
the following reasons:

1) For breaking a non-load bearing part not informing
the customer.

2) For telling me that plastic crumbles in time and
he'll either find one a used one or will PRORATE a new
one.

3) Making me call FIVE times over a period of THREE
weeks to see where the part is (and being short with
me every time).

4) Being disrespectful and making me feel
unappreciated as a customer

5) YELLING AT ME and then HANGING UP ON ME when I
asked why it takes more than three weeks to get this
part.

FYI..If anyone wants it, their phone number is
(508)647-1500

If this is somehow against digest policy...then I
guess I'll be getting an email...but at least it's off
my chest!

Sincerely displeased,
David Moore
1991 525i with a broken and probably never gonna be
replaced decorative BMW cover.