E30 Steering Gear Assembly

I have the steering gear removed form my 89 E30 (325is) for seals.  The
assembly is slightly different than that which is shown in my factory
service manual (Section 32-7.2)  My manual is dated 3/89 and I suspect th=
at
the gear shown is the model just prior to mine.  My steering gear has a B=
MW
P/N 1134 756.0.  It is a ZF gear.
The valve body,  housing, main body, and tubes are a single aluminum
casting.  The seal gland for the rack is retained in the tube with a roun=
cross-section circlip.  This is pretty standard hydraulic cylinder design=

wherein the gland moves farther in, about .060", to allow installation of=

the circlip..  Then after the circlip is installed the gland moves forwar=
and the nose cradles into the circlip and locks it in place.  I have made=
mandrel that fits the seal gland and tried tapping it back into the tube =
so
that the circlip can be removed.  I have not hit it very hard, nor have I=

put it in a press to push the gland back.  So far there has been no
movement of the seal gland and the circlip cannot be removed.
Does anybody out there in "DigestLand" have a drawing or BMW manual inser=
of this steering rack?  Or, is anyone experienced with this assembly and
able to point me correctly?  Your help is appreciated.

Kerm Achterman
kerm@domain.elided
BMWCCA 163753