Rusty 'old Rotors

I can attest to the special "quick oxidize (tm)" rotors found on many of the
Z3's and Z3 model line.  I myself have a '99 M Coupe.  I was showing off the
car to my cousin in Sacramento (I live in Santa Cruz) when he noticed the
build up on the rotors.  I'd only had the car for a few weeks and hadn't had
the chance to "clean" them off.  He pointed out the obvious, I must not have
been driving the car hard enough.  Since then, I've developed a technique to
keep the rotors nice and clean.

1) Gently warm up the brakes...
2) Accelerate to 120mph as fast as possible.
3) Decerlerate to below 60mph as fast a possible.
4) Repeat until all points are gone from drivers license.

The above process completed twice weekly seems to keep them nice and clean.

- -=Nick

'99 M Coupe