Re: Oil Temp/Pressure

BMP Design (www.bmpd.com) has all you need.  I'd suggest VDO all the
way for guages/senders (just like your current instrumentation).

The sending unit (part #31811) has terminals for the guage and the current idiot
light.  It requires an adaptor  for proper mounting to the currrent oil pressure
sending unit location (part #31851).

The VDO oil temperature sending unit (part #31791) replaces the current
oil pan drain plug.

Wiring can be routed via any of the currrently existing passthroughs in the
firewall (choose one near the driver's compartment).

Contact United Speedometer and Instrument, Inc. (I do not know their web
page address) for a full selection/catalog of VDO guages/accessories.  Their
phone number is 909-684-0292 (as of 06/94).

On my 85 325e I installed the guages (oil pressure, oil temperature, voltmeter)
to the left of the steering wheel under the main instruments (on the drop down
kick panel).

Norm

Frank Cortese wrote:

> I'm looking to replace the oil dummy light in my 85 325e with a oil pressure
> gauge and was wondering if there was a certain make of gauge I should be
> looking at and what the easiest route to feed the wire in from the engine
> compartment . Also does anyone know if a oil temperature can be hooked up to
> this car, if so, how. Thanks
>
> Frank
> 85 325e

- --
***  Remove "nospam-" from address when responding via email  ***