AFM to MAF conversion question

I'd like to get some feedback on the above question.  I was
reading the Bosch fuel injection book over the last couple
days.  I noticed in the high perf. section that in L-Jetronic
systems, the AFM is completely open @~4k RPMs.  From there the
fuel injected into the engine is perprotional to RPM.  This is
because once you hit max torque(air flow @ maximum), the air
flow to the engine decreases after that point.  I presume that
the Motronic system works the same way since its based on L
Jet system(almost all components are the same?

So, in the MAF conversion, how does that system help the 4k
RPM and WOT fuel injection if the computer at that point is
pulling info straight from exsiting EPROM maps based mostly on
RPM?

Now I realize there are other factors that the DME uses for
the above 4k maps like coolant temp, air temp, 02, but it
still seems the MAFs need a EPROM map change to work on the
above areas of the injection system?

Any help would be appreciated,

Take Care,
Russ