'86 325es door jam light switch

Hello Bimmer Friends,

My son is home from college and we are going to have an alarm installed on his
'86 325es...there was a Clifford alarm in it when we bought it (not
working)...my question is this:

The light switch in the driver door jam doesn't work the interior lights, but
the switch on the pass side works the interior lights fine.  I've had both
switches out....good contact, but the pass side only has a single lead..the
switch grounds when it is attached to the body by the screw.  The driver door
side switch has "two" leads to the switch...the central locking hasn't worked
for a couple of years...we bought a new module ($$) but that didn't fix the
locking, so to my recollection I disabled the module...could this have somehow
disabled the "juice" to the driver door jam interior light switch????  The ETM
appears to show them tied in somehow...or could the switch have been wired as
part of the old Clifford alarm?

Any of you E30 gurus out there that have tackled this before?  Or anyone more
electrically "inclined" that could enlighten me...I thank you in advance for
any assistance....(sorry for the double post, but I sort of miss the 'ole
digest)

Happy ///Motoring,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646