Re: bmw-digest V9 #1037

I just recently purchased a 79 635 CSI Euro model that has not been
registered for some time nowl. I live in Southern California and the
vehicle will not pass California's Smog standards.  I was told I needed
to go to a referee station for inspection.

I was wondering if anyone knew if I will be required to  retrofit a
catalytic conveter or another smog control device in order for the car
to be certified.

Any info or advice will be much appreciated.