E34 530's in the Southeast US

Anybody have any problems with their 530i's in the Southeast?  I'm in
Georgia, and had been thinking about a 525i or 535i 5spd, but a nice
530i 5spd would be great.  I love the BMW straight 6, but a V8 would be
nice, too!

Is the quality of gas in the Southeast a major concern for the 530
engine, or have most of them been replaced by now?

Feel free to email me offline if you want to chat about your 530i - in
the Southeast or anywhere - performance, luxury, likes, dislikes, things
to look out for, which tranny to go with (I like manuals, but may
consider an auto) and other info!

I just visited the unofficial E34 site, so I'm already drooling!  Not a
good thing for a Friday afternoon - now I'll never get my work done!

Thanks

Chip Mautz
Atlanta, Ga, USA - daydreaming of a 530i now...