<E36> harness install

Jeff M ponders;

<< I'm required to have a 5 or 6 point harness in my essentially stock E36
M3/4.
 Nobody makes a harness bar for it and I cannot use the package shelf for
 shoulder harness anchor points.  I mounted the shoulder harnesses to the rear
 seat belt anchors, but short of drilling holes in the pan, can't figure a way
 to (without permanent damage) mount the lap and antisub-strap.  Anybody have
 suggestions that are less damaging to the car?>>

You can't do it without changing the seats and drilling the floor plan.  Plain
and simple.  Anything except that should not pass tech and will a hazard to
your "package", hips, pelvis, lumbar spine, and femoral arteries/nerves.  Get
a harness bar or roll bar for the shoulder straps (or junk the whole deal and
get a Schroth) and tack the "ball straps" on the garage wall 'cause that's
where yours will be after a big shunt.

jeff
BMW CCA Driving Events Committee