<E36> Porterfield pads

>Anybody have experience with Porterfield pads? I checked out
>porterfieldbrakes.com and there web site didn't offer much in the
>way of a product description. I'm looking at R4 race pads, as well as
>"high performance limited competition" R4-S pads.
>
>Specifically, I'm looking for input with respect to performance and
>durability (of pads and/or rotors), and any other positive or negative
>feedback.
>
>Any experiences you'd care to share would be appreciated

Rob,

   I've been using Porterfield R4 since last year at the driving
schools.  I like it so much (and I'm too lazy to swap them out) that
I actually kept them on for regular driving.  It performs very well,
even at low temp. like day-to-day driving.  I used some anti-seize
on the pad holder where it will glide along the caliper.  I'm not
sure whether that's the reason but I don't have any squeal at all
until fairly recently, and it only happens when you're tapping on
the brake slightly, like pulling over to the toll booth, then it'll
squeal like dying pig!
   As far as on track performance, I personally think its really
great.  Lap after lap and it keeps giving you that solid and
confident feel, plus its also very easy to modulate.  And as for
durability, its really depends on your own personal driving style,
YMMV.  Just give it a try I believe you'll like it

Regards,

Peter Li
NJ BMWCCA
'95 325is