magnetic door trim panels

Hello,
    Has anyone tried any kind of magnetic door trim panels to ward off
door dings in parking lots?  I have a Z3 on order and they look like they
will be real vulnerable as they have no trim along the door to absorb the
impact when inconsiderate people just throw their door open.  I'd prefer
something temporary and take it off when not parked as opposed to an
adhesive, permanent product.  Any ideas?
					    Thanks,
				                    Mike Dowler
(near Boston, door-ding capital of the US)