Dealer problems

Hello everyone, I have a '97 M3 and it has a coil over suspension.
Recently I had my oil serviced and the next day I had to bring it back
to the dealer to adjust my springs because it was making clunking noises
in the rear left corner. It was because the spring did not settle
properly when the car was lowered back onto the ground after the oil
change.  The service advisor then told me that they could no longer
service my car unless I changed the suspension back to stock because
they would have to always adjust the spring before lowering it off the
lift.  This has only happened once before at another dealer and they
adjusted the spring and sent me on my way.  Can they do this and what
can I do?  Next time should I just warn them about this potential
problem.  Just wanted to get some advice from fellow digestors.  Thanks.

Gary