RE <E30>Suspension upgrade - a few questions on doing this job

>>>I am going to replace several suspension components on my 87 325is this
>>>Thursday.  Here are the components I am going to install:

>>>New control arms and bushings
>>>Bilstein Sport struts and shocks
>>>Eibach Pro Kit springs

I just added the alum control arms and bushings form the e-30 M3, except
for cost, no down side and a better set-up.  They have stronger ball joints
(which I have been told has been a failure point?), and are significantly
lighter (less unsprung weight -> better suspension response).  There is no
down side but a few extra $.  While you are there, you will have to replace
the control arm bushings anyway.  You may as well replace them with the
solid, offset M3 bushings, rather than the 325 bushings.  The M3 bushings
give a crisper response under heavy load (hard cornering or braking)
because they don't deform as much.  They also offset the control arm
slightly, giving a better steering geometry for quicker turn in.  There is
very little effect on ride quality.

Vince
Genesee Valley Chapter
1987 325e with e-30 i cam, shortshifter, chip, 3.45 diff,
the aluminum control arms and bushings from an M3,
eibach sport springs, bilstein sport shocks, eibach sway bars
135K

message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and
notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet
email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given
or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an
authorized representative independent of this message.