Re: Which is better K&N or RAM??

I've only had the Ramair filter for a few days. Kind of an unfair
comparison, really. I had a K&N in the stock airbox and now have the
Ramair open cone filter. I'm trying out the cone filter as a winter-only
filter unless I make a heat shield. So far, when cold, I think I get a
little more "oomph" from the Ramair. But, again, it's a different
filter/airbox design. Many folks think the Ramair to both flow and filter
better than K&N. Either way, it's fairly inexpensive to try either, I'd
think. I know K&N filters for most VW's are in the $30-40 range. (Excuse
me, but I'm a VW guy, so all my experience is there. My wife has a E36
318is, so that's why I'm here.) I think Ramair is not too much more.

Josh

On

Tue,
9 Mar 1999, Justin Hughes wrote:

> >Au Contraire, Mon Frere. I have a Ramair brand filter on my VW GTi VR6.
>
> >Confusing, yes, as ram air refers to air intake "technology" as well.
>
> I stand (well, sit) corrected - I was not aware that Ramair was a brand!
> I've never heard of it.  While we're on the subject, how do you like it?
> I've been pondering a filter upgrade...
>
>     - Justin

- --
- --