Which is better K&N or RAM??

Grettings fellow bimwads!  I am getting closer to installing a Jim C.
chip and an M3 Exhaust in my 95 325i and am wondering what air intake
mod will give my baby better performance.  I have read threads that the
K&N's allow larger dust particles into the engine. Now I'm no scientist
but that doesn't sound good to me.  Someone also mentioned something
about a Ram intake but I haven't heard much about it.  What are the
pro's and the con's about it?  Is it actually better than a K&N?  Is it
a strictly a track mod?  Don't know if this car will see any track time
so that doesn't concern me.  I'm more concerned with optiomizing the Jim
C. chip and the M3 exhaust with the air intake mod, but at the same time
I don't want to damage my engine.  Any comments are appreciated!  TIA!!

Manuel Paredes
95 325i X-ed, with other goodies waiting to be installed!
L.A. Chapt. BMWCCA